1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hideaways in 04 F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by demetrios007, Dec 4, 2005.

1. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

Does anyone have pics of their setups in their superduties? I was checking out the front turn lamp housing and rear lamp housing and was thinking of throwing Amber strobes in the corner of the turns and the white of the backup lights. Looks really tight but I think they can squeeze in. Thought I read that others have used different spots. Any pics or info is appreciated.......TIA
  2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have the saem truck..I had trouble after I drilled the holes, the lights would no longer fit with the strobe bulbs hanging out the back.Had to buy a new lens. I am now using LED stars from 911EP. The are mounted between the bumper and the corner lenses..No holes to drill in lenses, draw less power, and are brighter..If sticking with corner bulbs be sure to check clearance
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

This is a pic of my right rear strobe. Fractions of an inch to spare, but it does work. I mounted my strobes in the parking lights in the front, which has plenty of room.

f-250 strobe (2).jpg
  4. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

thanks alot infineon, thats exactly what I was hoping for. Did you really have to measure super careful to get the rears in? Any problems with heat issues, and may I ask what colors you have? Nice install by the way..........
  5. Eng63Trk16

Eng63Trk16 Junior Member

I have yellow bulbs in my turnsignals in the same truck... i would go with clear bulbs a lot brighter. I like the yellow bulbs but i would go clear if i could go back. Also i didnt want to screw around trying to put it in the reverse lights so i put it in the tailight instead.
  6. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

you have clears all around then? I was thinking of clears also, but I thought I might have a problem with Police, Ive read amber is the only color to use here in NJ, but I have a ladder rack on the truck and the overhead light doesnt do squat unless at night, even then doesnt do that much. I got a couple I have to backdrag into busy roads, would love to have the strobes in the rear for safety's sake.....Infineon's install seems doable, BTW where did you guys mount the control/power module. I think I can get it under the dash next to the fuse panel.....
  7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Check with your local police about the clear strobes vs. amber. In Illinois, even I dont know about it and i'm a part time police officer! (Guess I should look:rolleyes: ) Most of the time around here, the police could give 2 s@*ts if you have them. I have all clears and they are far brighter than any color!
  8. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

To get a little more room to play with . Try to get the strobes that you dont have to put 2 screws in. Get the ones that you push in and they seal themselves.id stil use some silicone though..They wont stick out as far and will give u alittle bit more room..
  9. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

No measuring. Once you have that light out, you will see an area that is flat. Just find center in that area and drill to the specs of your strobes. Use my pic. for reference if you need to. All strobe lights are clear by the way.
  10. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I have a 03 F250 super duty. Had a plow installed about a month ago, and at the same time had hideaway strobes installed on all for corners. I asked the sales manager if the were legal. he said as long as they are installed in the amber. Not thinking I didn`t notice untill later while reading other posts about strobes that in some states clear strobes are illegal. My srobes are installed in the back lites and the front parking. Any advise?
  11. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I don`t know if it matters, but I`m plowing for my town
  12. BDB

BDB Senior Member

You will have to see what the law is there. Most cops :gunsfiring: do not know the law or don't care. The ones that do may hassle you. If they know you I would not be worried. I have all amber in parking lights, back-up and two strobes in the courtesy lights next to the third brake light. Red strobes (in brake lights) here have to flash at the same time to be legal. They can not alternate.
  13. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Thank you. :waving: