1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hideaway strobes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Starboyz66FTP, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Starboyz66FTP

Starboyz66FTP Junior Member
    from buffalo

qucik question, i have been searching on the site about installing hideaway stobes in roof clearance lights. i found that a few people did it others said it can't be done because they will get to hot and melt the lenses, any one have any info on this, i have an 07 f350 and really wanted to put some strobes in the cab lights

2. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Strobes

you could use the LED strobes, they don't get hot :D but they're not as brite:( ,but I really like the idea.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

they are just as bright if not brighter... this of course could differ by the amount of current fed to each.

4. payton

payton Senior Member

first of all your not a real starboy so quit trying to ride there coat tail. second of all change your name cause youll never be a starboy.

payton

5. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

What the heck?

6. Easy

Easy Senior Member

A friend of mine installed strobes in the center clearance light on his GMC. Not sure what type they were, but they are not real bright. Also, not sure if they could be seen from behind, so they wouldn't do much good.
    Don

7. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Honestly your better off with a 4 corner strobe system and a 360 deg lightbar on top.

8. Starboyz66FTP

Starboyz66FTP Junior Member
    from buffalo

I really doubt your Payton from the colts as well....

9. Ultimate inc

Ultimate inc Junior Member

you never know maybe scott caraboolad started plowing drag strips to ride on for him and marino:bluebounc :bluebounc :bluebounc :bluebounc

10. payton

payton Senior Member

no peyton manning is spelled with an e..

my real name is payton with an A i live in indy
    no where did i claim to be peyton nor do i use his name anywhere