1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hideaway strobes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fisher42, Sep 24, 2004.

1. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

Are hideaway strobe systems hard to install? Where is the best place to put them?
  2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

If you have the time, then it is worth installing them..Thats all I can say. We put them in a friends truck and took the better part of a day.You need to remove the corner lights, drill with a hole saw, run wires, hookups, switches...I just ordered them plus a amber dashlight for my truck..i know some truck accessory places will put them in.I ordered mine from a fire equipment company..fire barn sells them..
  3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

check out the lights at

great Co. and fast service :waving:
  4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

They are not hard to install at all as long as you are willing to put in the time. You can install them in your head lamps (composite style), parking lamps, tail lamps, or reverse lamps. They require you to drill a one inch hole in the back of the lamp and you need to make sure you have the clearance inside where the tube sits, as well as clearance on the outside where the wires come out of it. Also, you need to get weather proof connectors or caulk up the non weather proof connectors to prevent any shorts to the connectors that are exposed to the wet elements. Installation time will vary on how professional you'd like to make the installation look.

I have eight hide-a-ways in one truck and four in each of my two other trucks and I love 'em. There are several manufactures that make them as well as several suppliers on the Internet. I prefer Whelen myself when it comes to any type of warning light.

Just my .02¢