1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hideaway Strobe System

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by rcpd34, Feb 3, 2005.

1. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have a brand new in the box 6 head 90 watt strobe system w/4 clear strobes & cables. Includes switch and everything you need. First $200 gets it. I take PayPal. Thanks!

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

what brand? Whelen?

3. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

let there be light....

Just remember, you have to make sure you have a HD alternator or a 2nd battery if you're going to be running plow, lights, radio, coffeemaker and big screen tv.... Seriously though, those lights have a lare draw. I got these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33713&item=7951675516&rd=1

Just waiting for them to arrive so's I can install them on the truck and some on the tractor.

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Strobes

These lights do NOT have a large power draw. In fact, compared to halogen, they very economical. I run 6 strobes AND full lightbars on all of my trucks with no problem. I also have some amber LED's available if anyone is interested.

5. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

Are these pop ins or screw on type. Which model switch do you have or what does it control exactly. What about the LEDs, interested in both.......

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Strobes

These are the pop-in type. Much easier to install. I can get the other if you need them. The LED's are either the dash type of eve the longer directional or warning type that go in or on the rear. E-mail me direct at rcpd34@comcast.net for more info. Thanks!

7. CrazyCooter

I was referring to having those lights, and a lightbar, and all of the other toys and bells and whistles. Every watt counts, especially if you're running a 1 battery system with a 130 amp alternator.

'sides, selling is for another forum, discussing is for this one.

8. CrazyCooter

See what happens when you type before you look? Sorry, my bad, I din't mean to say you cant sell in a selling forum... Duhhh, guess I have to edit that "ain't dumb" on my signature *sigh*

9. ajc766

ajc766 Junior Member
    from pa.

brian do you still have the strobe kit for sale

10. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

11. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

What brand is it??

12. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Sound Off

This is the Sound Off Galileo system. The SAME system used by police and fire depts.