1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hideaway Strobe Bulb replacement

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Racer26, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Racer26

Racer26 Junior Member

Been reading up on this board for over a year now, but finally have a question so figured I'd better sign up all ready. Thumbs Up

Anyway, I am running a 90W 6 bulb system on my truck. I noticed today one of the strobes in my cargo lights cracked towards the tip (they are the arch shaped bulbs).

Is there anyway to replace just the actual bulb, or do I have to just buy the whole assembly? I'd like to replace them all, but until I find a deal, it's really not in my budget.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You need to buy a new bulb. The whole pig tail assembly. The one I pictured is a pop in strobe tube, but you get the idea. If your power supply is a 90 watt kit get the screw in style. The pop ins have been known to have the gromets melt due to the heat output of the 90 watt power supplies.

whelens30hacp.jpg

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

You need to buy a new bulb. The whole pig tail assembly. see pic below

4. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

either grommet or screw in doesn't matter. we have grommet in our police cars, never had an issue

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I've seen where they have, but I guess it depends on how much they are ran too. If I ran them in my truck I would get the screw in kind even if I had a 60 watt kit. I just like the screw in style.

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I just use Silicone and it works good, by the way they're called tubes (they cost about $23.50) but no biggie! :mechanic:

Happy Holidays!

7. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Always backfill t he plugs with silicone. If you need a strobe, I have them for $25/ea.