1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hideaway kit not working...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 28, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

We have a four corner hideaway kit installed out our 3/4 ton suburban and it doesn't work. All fuses are good and everything is connected correctly. What else could be the problem? Could the powerpack just be dead? what other things can i check?

2. profire73

profire73 Member

Try unplugging one strobe tube at a time and testing it. Sometimes I found out that if one tube goes bad it will shut the power supply down. ALso recheck your ground for the power supply. Make sure there is no paint in between the ground wire and the surface metal.

3. profire73

profire73 Member

4. mcwlandscaping

Ill head out and try that, i just took all the strobes out and tested them in my truck since the power supplies are the same and all the heads work just fine. So, i will go check that.

5. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I fixed mines it was just a lose wire of the light end of the wires.

6. mcwlandscaping

ground seems to be good and all strobe lights are good. I also tried unplugging each strobe line individually and that didn't work either. I'm going to plug the power pack into my truck tomarrow and see if that works since my truck and the burban have the same packs.

7. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

If you're coming to the NE get together Sat in stoneham, ill be there and i can take a look if you want, or if you arent bringing that truck, ill give you some info on things to check

8. mcwlandscaping

ill be at the meetup but am taking my truck there.....are you mike2723 (i know those numbers aren't right) friend that does all the strobe installs????

9. mcwlandscaping

mike33087 is the correct name!!!

10. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

yeah thats me..ill see you tomorrow night