1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hideaway help!!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by z71plowguy, Jan 2, 2008.

1. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

ok i got everything hooked up but i forgot where the purple wire gos on a whelen hide away kit thank yo i know it is to change the patterns but dose it go to pos or neg

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i pretty positive it goes to the red wire ... hot wire

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

To the red wire (positive) if you chose to use it. I personally don't as I didn't like that flash pattern.

4. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

purple wire

The purple wire on a whelen CSP690 or 660 strobe pack goes to a switch and then to a positve power souce, the purple wire controls the intensity of the lights, high or low, i personally just leave that wire disconected leaving the intensity on high power

5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

If its a newer kit like mentioned above with the CSP690 or 660, its a low power wire, connect it to a switch with + for low power feature.

6. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

ok never mind i want to know where the pattern wire goes i belive it goes to a momentery switch with pos power rite

7. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

yes the pattern wire should go to a momentary switch with a +, the pattern control wire is the yellow one