1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hide aways..

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by nymustang50, Jan 11, 2010.

1. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Looking at putting hide a ways on my bronco... For the front should I put them in the parking or headlight? Also for the rear should I put them in the tail/brake part or try to put them in the reverse spot of the light?

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

don't know the NY State laws... You may want to check what they are. You'll get some answers from some of the NY guys... What kind of truck you putting it in and they'll help ya'

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Does your Bronco have sealed beams?

4. nymustang50

no normal style lights its a 94 so its got this front end
    http://www.4x4offroads.com/image-files/1996-ford-bronco-picture-big-bronco.jpg

I'm not to worried about whats legit I do want amber's up front so that when im doing drive ways and backing down them people coming up the road can see me... But I just wanted to know if it would do best in the parking/turn signal light housing or in the head light and same thing for the rear if it would do best in the brake/tail light part or in the reverse light area..

BTW are these any good or should i just get the whelen ones http://www.strobesnmore.com/product_info.php?products_id=962{10}32{11}36{12}40{13}44{88}546{89}554

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  5. SafetyLighting

Well, strobes are brightest when unfiltered. So if you want the brightest output, use the clear section in the rear. As for the front, go with the parking/turn signal sections.

I'm in the process of creating special pricing on strobe kits for plowsite members. I'll send info tomorrow.

6. nymustang50

So when looking at that picture I put up before you say go with the bottom yellow piece that goes from the side and wraps around the front? Or do you mean the little corner piece thats right above it next to the headlight it self?

And that would be great on the pricing thing.

7. SafetyLighting

No, you won't be able to put it in the small side piece. Definitely install them in the section below the Headlight. Since your lense is yellow, you should use a clear strobe.

8. nymustang50

You think theres enough room in the rear lights to install it in the reverse area?
    http://static.am-autoparts.com//item/8cfc9f7949.jpg Or should I go clean in the back and put them in the brake lamp/tail lamp area?

9. SafetyLighting

I have only done one bronco, and I put them in the brake section. I honestly can't tell from the pic, but I think it will be risky.

10. nymustang50

Alright well get me a price like you mentioned above on a 4 90 watt strobe kit clear..

11. SafetyLighting

Working on that right now actually. :)