1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hide Aways in a 2nd gen Dodge Ram BAckup Lights?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by justme-, Mar 15, 2009.

1. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I'm thinking hard about installing Hide-aways (probably Vertex's) in my Dodge, but Legal requirements mean I have to put them in my backup lights. Anyone ever do that to a 94-2000 Dodge Ram?
    I'm wanting to keep the backup lights functional too which is my concern since there is never a lot of room in the backup housings, which is also why I'm leaning toward vertexes, low heave and smaller than a strobe tube.
  2. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

I have a 6 head strobe kit, two in parking lights up front, two in backup lights, two in the cargo lights. Retained the factory lights in all but the cargo lights but never used them anyway. Very easy install.
  3. loudredram

loudredram Member

I have them in my revese lights and the factory lights still work plenty of room in there
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Awesome news- thanks guys!