1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hide Away strobe tube install question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Naganalf, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Naganalf

Naganalf Junior Member

hey guys I know I am new here but I have been searching high and low for some advice on installing my strobe kit. I have most of it done except for the actual drilling and mounting of the strobe tubes. I have a pretty good idea of how to do the ones on the back but the fronts are what I can't figure out. I have a 2009 silverado and I just cant find a good place in the headlight assembly to drill and mount the tubes. Any guidance is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I just did mine on top, because it's a pita to take my headlights out!

3. Naganalf

Naganalf Junior Member

do you have problems with moisture? I was told to avoid puting them on top because of moisture when it rains. And yes they are a big pain to remove... i had to take my whole grill off to get them out

4. ajslands

I don't hAve problems with moisture at all, but I also have apex weather connectors and I silcone the bajeezes out of it!

5. Naganalf

Naganalf Junior Member

I just dont see where on the top to drill into without going through the actual lens itself because the backing of the assembly is so close to the bulb. Did you do this on a chevrolet?

6. ajslands

Nope! I'm a ford guy so it was an f250

7. Naganalf

Naganalf Junior Member

oh ok, ya i was wonerding for this specific vehice. thanks for your input though!

8. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

I am going to be doing mine 09 soon ill take pic when i am done. I have seen ialot go in the top trun light right under the bulb

9. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

i have not install the light yet but this were i am putting it

1 022.jpg

10. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

sorry just put a black dot were i am putting mine. I have seen like 8 other trucks like this

1 022.jpg