1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hide away strobe profile

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Hedgehog, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

As talked about in a previous post, I plan on installing hideaway strobes on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma. After hearing that the Vertex's aren't as bright as strobes, I want strobes. The front corner lights on the Tacoma are very shallow so I need the lowest profile strobes I can find. Which would be better for my application, the Whelen rubber push in's or the Sho-Me flange mount? Any input would be appreciated.

2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I did a Tacoma, or which ever one is the smaller Toyota front corner lights and never had a problem, just find the deepest part of the light, sometimes you can find the most room at the bottom of the light, grommet style and screw in types strobe heads are the same, their is real not difference in height to the bulb.