1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hide away stobe vs strobe light heads

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RobbieB, Jan 15, 2009.

1. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I had a hide away system on my Excursion and when I got my new truck I took it off. Now the new truck, 05 F-250, I am reluctant to do the same installation in the newer style headlights with the reflector. I am worried the reflector will crack and break when drilled. I have a set of 4 remote strobe heads that I was thinking of installing. The front would be easy, in the grill, but the rear I can't find a good place to put them. Any suggestions on drilling the headlights? Is the parking light section the same with the reflector, would it be easier to drill them out there?
  2. snowescape

snowescape Junior Member

If you're going to drill them out, just make sure to start out with a small drill bit and just a tiny amount of pressure. Also, make sure you don't make the holes to big. I have seen many hack jobs with headlight strobes.
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

You shouldnt have any issues drilling into the parking reflectors. The plastic is soft enough that it wont crack. You can use a hole saw like I usually use or a unibit which will have a bit less shavings.