1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

????hide Away Kit Question????

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by millsaps118, Oct 3, 2007.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I have a 6 head kit and am using 4 heads only at this time. Is there a way for me to run just my front heads with the rears off and vise versa and all at the same time??? I have 4 rocker switches, will I be able to make this work? Right now all 4 heads come on at the same time. I want to be able to turn off the fronts when I'm plowing so I don't get the glare but want my rears to be on. Any help?????? THANKS.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What brand and model controler are you running? If it's a whelen, then yes you can and all you have to do is look at the wiring diagram and it will show you how to do it.....that is how my truck is done and i definitely like it better that way!

3. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

My diagram only shows how to wire for 1 switch but with a little messing around I figured it out. BTW its a 90W 6 Head kit made by North American Signal, they're based out of Wheeling, IL. (they have been around for years, just not as popular as Whelen, Code 3, ShoMe, etc.) It's so nice to be able to choose front strobes or back , or both. once I get my plow out of storage I'll install heads in the plow lights also.