1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hide a ways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ultimateinc, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

what's the difference between these led hideaways and strobe hideaways ??
  2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

well one are leds and the other are strobe tubes. haha but the leds draw almost no power and never burnout which is nice but also cost more. what u plan on putting them in?
  3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

The L.E.D.s take much less power than the strobes do. And with the strobe tube NEVER touch it while its on. Or off if you can help it. Watched a moron do it one time, it will light you up.
  4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Strobe HAW's = old news

LED HAW's = new news

Matter of personal preferrence. Some like the "pop" of a strobe, others prefer LED's. I personally get migraines with strobes...
  5. ultimateinc

Thanks. Plan in putting them in some tail lights which is brighter probaly strobes , but led last alot longer ?
  6. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Yes led last longer, put the bulbs in the smallest area, these bulbs dont do anything by them selves, well they do but, if you want the most of the bulb you have to put them as close to the aluminum reflector as possible. simple physics. good luck
  7. jcyonker

jcyonker Member

I am in the process of putting the Whelen Vertex LED's in the front corners, and back up lights on my truck. The Whelen Vertex have a 5 year warranty and are extremely bright. Strobes are nice, but they are older technology. LED's draw alot less power and will last a lot longer. Good luck!
  8. ultimateinc

how much are you paying for yours and whats the best place to buy some ? thanks for all the advice guys :nod:
  9. jcyonker

jcyonker Member

I paid $64 each for them from Strobesnmore.com. Shipping is about $10. Make sure you order what you want, because if you have to make a return it's 20% restocking fee!
  10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Strobes may be OK in the backup lights, but they'll drive you nuts if you put them in the front corners. I cant stand the strobes overhead either, too much flashback, and gives you a headache after a while plowing. I used to have them in the tail lights before switching to all LED's and they never really bothered me back there.