1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mark13, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm looking to get a set of hide-a-way strobes. Going to get 4 bulbs and either 60 or 90 watt. I need some suggestions of brands and where to get them.

Thanks, Mark
  2. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I will only buy Whelen. Good stuff and if you get the HD series the power supply has a 5 year warrenty. Get the 690 and it gives you 6 utputs at 15 watts per buld, muti flash patterns and 2 triggers so you can have 2 bulbs on 1 switch and 4 on another.
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I know whelen makes good stuff but does anyone have suggestions of who has the best service and best price?
  4. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

i got minne thru lshlights.com they were good. good prices!
  5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Its been discussed plenty of times. 90 watt whelen kits are the way to go and you can get them for $190. 60watts are pointless when you can get the 90 watt for like another 20 bucks
  6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Ive always bought from Stobesnmore. Everyone is pretty competitively priced nowadays. They have been just fine in terms of service. Good luck. 90watt anyway...

OSLIGHTS Member
    from Florida

Hagha, I recomend us, www.oslights.com ! Seriously, there is not a huge difference in the kits. I definetely recommend Whelen. But I also recomend the 60 watt kits if you are only running 4 heads. They will probbaly provide longer life that way. If you need 6 heads, go with the 90 watt kit. Make sure you get kits with 2-30' cables!!!!! Most companies only give you 2-15' cables which will leave you short on any truck that you do!