1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hide-a-ways for F-650's/750's

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by FLC2004, Apr 16, 2011.

1. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Just wanted some input on what hide-a-way kits you guys are using in your bigger fords. I'm buying a F-750 from a buddy and was thinking a whelen 90 watt 6 head for it but wanted to see if theres something brighter out there. The only issue is it's a roll-off so mounting extra lights on the dump body is outta the question. I'm putting a SS 9 or 10 foot ice breaker in the container that i'll hook strobes up to for the rear but my only option is the hide-a-ways and roof mount for the truck. Any pics on other mounting spots would be helpful, grill, mirrors, etc as well as brands or models you guys are using. Also, whats a good bright l.e.d. light I can swap out in the stock reverse holes (i think they're 4 or 6 inch. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Whelen makes a awesome 690 kit. 6 bulbs and its 90 watts, But if your looking for more strobes you can always get the whelen ISP188. It has 8 outlets and its 180 watts. Its fan cooled and made for running for long periods of time. Theres so many things you can do with then too. And If you are putting something in the bed of the truck like a salter or something. I would reserve 2 outlets on the 188 for that salter or whatever it might be, I'd run 2 extra cables to the rear of the truck, and put a weather pack connector. I'd also make a plug for the end of that weathr pack out of another weather pack connector so everything is sealed in the off season. (that idea is credited to dissocative.)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  3. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

I'm gonna look into that ISP 188. My buddy owns a very large landscaping/snow removal company in my county (actually it's who i'm buying this truck from), and wants to sub me out this year for quite a bit of large commercial properties in my area, on top of all my commercial contracts that I have already so long running times are a definate. I'm will be putting a salter in this truck, probably a 10' SS ice breaker so I like the idea of the weather pack connectors. Thanks for the advice, i'm definately going to look into that kit.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The only downfall on those ISP188s is the power supplies are about 500 bucks. The 690s are cheaper and you could get 12 strobes and 2 supplies for cheaper than 1 of the ISP188s. Thats not with the bulbs and cables.