1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hide a ways, 08 Ram

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Kennedy81, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

I just purchased an 08 ram, trying to figure out how to get my hideaways mounted in the front marker lights. Due to the construction of the lights, I'm not sure its possible. As anyone here at any luck. Any pics? Or would I be better off to just get some small LEDs and mount them in the grill?
    Thank you.

2. Omally

Omally Junior Member

Hey yeah i got an 08 ram with headlight and taillight strobes. its possible to do but its scary and difficult on the first one. im one to say the more lights the better haha so you should do both. if you have never installed strobes before i would have a tech do it for you so you dont screw up and end up having to buy new headlights for your truck...

-tom

3. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

There was a post on here earlier in the season where someone showed the strobes installed with details, try a search! They are not that hard to install, biggest problem is keeping the "saw dust" out of the lense. Not to change the subject, but what are you getting for mileage in your new truck? gas or diesel?

4. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

I'll try and see what the search will yield. Thanks

Its the 6.7 diesel, Beleive it or not, I'm still on my first tank that came full from the dealer. If I had to guestimate though, with mostly in town driving, I'd say around 14-15. I haven't checked what the overhead liar has caculated. I should be filling up sometime this weekend, and I'll have a better idea on what it gets. Then once I do some deletes, I hope to see the milage go up about another 4mpg.

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Stangman from here has strobes in his 2008 Dodge. Hit him up....I think he has what your referring to.

6. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

I'll see what I can find. Need to research it for myself, because Payton seems all to anxious to cut into my truck...

7. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Yeah just did my 08 1500 a couple weeks ago.Iv got the whelen 690's with 4 strobes,thinkin about stickin 2 more somewhere.

Mike