1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hide a-way on 2008 f-350

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by executiveos, Dec 1, 2008.

1. executiveos

executiveos Junior Member

anybody install hide a-ways on a 2008 superduty? wondering if i can install them in the lights in the side mirrors or back up lights on taillight..........thanks

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Thats a negative on both. The mirrors are way to small, and the reverse lights are not big enough unless you remove the reverse light bulb.

3. executiveos

I want install some hidea-ways on the rear some how and stay with amber colorbut am having a hard time finding a spot

4. BlueLine Ent

The only hideaway option on the back is in the taillights.

5. executiveos

do you knowif it is legal to take your back up light out and put a amber hide a-way in there because I know i can not put one in the red part of the tailight? orI was thinking about putting something in the backof my tool box any suggestions?

6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

if i were you get 2 amber whelen LIN3s and put them rear faceing on the toolbox.

7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the new fords are not really that good for HAW i would go with LIN3 or tir3 is the new linz6 in the grill and mounted on a tool box or int the back of the truck
    and if you want side protection mount some more faceing to the sides
    example
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. executiveos

I like the idea of the linz6 in the grill, are the ones in the back on the inside of back window?

9. BlueLine Ent

I personally love the hideaways in the new front turn signals; they're bright, have plenty of room, and spread light great out to the sides. The rears leave something to be desired though. The 99-07 taillights were great for strobes.

10. beardedlurker

beardedlurker Junior Member

I couldn't fit my old Whelen strobe tubes in my new '08 F350, but the Whelen Vertex LED's fit in because they're only 7/8" tall, I think. If you want to cram a light in your reverse housing, that's the way to go. But I'm also thinking of putting a couple TIR3's on the back of my toolboxes as well. Hope this helps.

Mark

11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Yeah I installed a set of HAWs in my Dads 08 and they are so bright in front turn signals its crazy. makes my kit look like a 60 watt kit when we actually have the same setup

12. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

thats cuz you must have screwed your kit up somehow..lol

13. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

No, there is a big difference in the light housings. plus his outer lens is clear and mine is the stock transparent ish lens with all the little ribs on the inside.

14. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Not sure if the guy who posted this thread is still wondering, but the guy who said you can't put vertex's in the back-up housing of the taillight is wrong. I've done it.

15. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i have installed strobes and leds in the reverse of 08's a bunch of times...and kept the bulbs in there...no problems..