1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hidding Conectors???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by millsaps118, Oct 16, 2006.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Have any of you guys found a way to conceal your connectors when you disconnect your plow. Mine come out from underneath the grill over the top of the bumper on my '02 HD and when I'm unhooked my connectors just dangle over my bumper infront of my license plate. I have no room to tuck them back any where. Any ideas would help.

2. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

cant u just tuck them back in to the grill?

3. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I ran my connectors for my unimount through the two small vent holes in the top of the bumper on my '01 HD. The look pretty unobtrusive in there. I left the zip ties a little loose so I could stuff them back in the bumper when not in use.

4. millsaps118

No..There's not a big enough opening for the plugs to go through.

IM000241.JPG

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I would either run them down under the bumper on top of the truck mount, or squeeze them into the holes you have in the bumper. Which is what I did. I also saw a guy that ran them behind his headlight. When he was done using the plow he simply pulled the pin on the light and tucked them behind it.

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

This is my winter set up. not really pretty, but worked well and easy in the winter. During the summer I would tuck them back into the grill.

1.JPG

7. millsaps118

Hey Bad Luck.. I tried to squeeze 'em in the vents in the bumper but my plug is twice the thickness as First Time Outs plug so they wouldn't pass through. I went out and got some velcro, now I can lay the connectors flat on the top of my bumper. At least now their not flopping around. THANKS GUYS FOR THE FEED BACK!!!!!

8. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I have mine run through the small openings in the bumper cap. I have 3 wires. The two are plugged together and tucked in. The third is zip tied to the small piece that seperates the vents. If you would like I can get some pics.

Will

9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Mine are run through the slots on my bumper, just under where your wires are hanging. When not in use I just tuck them back in the slots and they stay in place.

Regards Mike

10. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Ive got a really nice and clean bracket that I made for my GMC/ BOSS set up.Ill take a pic when I get home and post it.

Chris

11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Fuzzy cellphone pic but this is how mine are tucked away. I have about 6" extra so when i wanna hook up i just pull them out.

10_18_06_1236.jpg

12. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

Mine are also the same as HD BOSS.

13. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Here ya go. The bracket mounts over the end of the frame rail and bolts to the same location as the plow frame.Basically its a shelf that the factory bracket mounts to.And yes you do have cut off a tow hook.I hardly ever use those things anyway.
    Clear or not its a simple idea and makes things look clean.And its easy to use!!!

Chris
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. DeereFarmer

Very nice set up. Looks like it came from the factory (that is a good thing in this case :D ).

15. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

First time out how do you like the curtis plow? I have a 4410 we use the buckett and have a spreader on the rear.

Steve

16. DeereFarmer

I haven't used the Curtis yet. I bought it new this year (April or May). I have hooked it up and played around with it. Seems to be really well built and very easy to use. Mounting it up is a breeze. I have plowed with just the bucket and the plow is so much easier. Power angle, everything. I love it. Well worth the money. IMO, there is no other tractor application that comes close. Hope this helps!