1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hidden Winch / Plow mount ???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ThomasD., Mar 21, 2015.

1. ThomasD.

ThomasD. Junior Member

Have a 2015 F-450 Cab / Chassis w/ CM Utility bed coming in next month. I'm putting my existing SnoWay Revolution plow on since it came off my previous '11 F-350. My question is if any one has mounted a hidden style, behind the bumper winch on their front bumper and still been able to mount a plow also. I realize it would extend the bumper out several inches but haven't been able to get a decisive answer from Warn or SnoWay or any one else. Anyone out there done this or tried ????? :confused:
  2. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

Maybe mount it to the plow mount in the offseason?
  3. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

You would need to mount the plow and measure how much clearance you have between the bumper and the plow. Then measure how far the factory bumper sticks out vs an aftermarket winch bumper. Hopefully Warn or other brands can tell you how far out there bumpers extend compared to the stock bumper.
  4. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

warn hidden winch puts it 6" forward... too close for a fisher, that much I know.

warn trans4mer also sticks out a ways.

Measure, then start looking at stats.
  5. I RocDuP I

I RocDuP I Member

The Hiniker on my truck sits maybe one inch off the bumper. The westerns have a drop more room, but no where enough room to put a winch up there