1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HID ligthing

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by heman, Apr 25, 2012.

1. heman

heman Member

anyone know were to get good hid lights or convertion kits for the plow lights???

2. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

ebay is a good place to start looking

3. heman

heman Member

are they a dependable source? i have found out sometimes going cheap is not always better. so just looking to see what really works out there.

4. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

DDM Tuning used to be a good source but things have changed last i heard,

5. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I have heard the same thing about DDM but I ordered some hids from them like 2 months ago for a spotlight. I have used the spotlight almost every day since then with no problems. I buy the slim kits. I also ordered some for my truck buy have not put them in yet. I wonder if people are touching the bulbs or scraping them when they put them in. I make sure I don't touch the bulb on anything.

6. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

7. heman

heman Member

has anyone tryed the ones from PPE.

8. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Sub'd I have thought about doing this myself, my concern is mounting the basalt's in a good place.

9. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

Aren't you guys worried about the flash back of the snow from the brighter lights?

I know on my old Maxima with factory HID headlights I had to turn off the headlight and only use the fogs in a bad snow storm due to the flash back.

and not to mention you guys are gonna blind the **** out of anyone else on the road using HID in halogen housings.

Why not just mount a Aux. LED bar between the plow lights for those time you need a little extra light?

Like one of these
    http://www.sidebysidesports.com/xmledofli642.html

10. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Not just snow flashback but the back side of the plow when raised can become blinding after a fue hours plowing.HIDs ane not good plowing just think how much it sucks when you have someone driving at you with HIDs now your doing it to yourself all night.Do you have vision problems with standard plow lites? When I got a new truck and plow the new lights on my Fisher (intencefires I think) took some time getting use to when in blizzard conditions and had me wishing I was back in the old setup with regular bulbs.Stock haligens are more than enough.