1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HID lights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by A&M Snowplowing, Nov 22, 2009.

1. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

anyone have problems with the newer rams and HID headlights. i know the computer is really sensative so i want to know if anyone has put them in and have had problems or no

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Check out dodgeforum.com

They have literally hundreds of posts on this topic.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I tried HID's in my truck and plow last year. I was having problems with them turning on and off constantly. This year I picked up a relay harness and signal canceller kit for my plow and now they're working fine. Just be aware that I When I tired a kit for my truck the 55 watt kit was way too bright. It was blinding everyone on the road.

4. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Put them in my 2003, and had problems... Had to end up hooking them up to the parking lights instead and have not had a problem..... Has something to do with the computer thinking the bulb is out...

5. A&M Snowplowing

do u remember the name of the brand of hid you were havin problems with

6. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Ill have to dig the box up... I tried a few different brands and had the same results, the lights would work no longer than it took me to pull out of the garage... You can try wiring them into your plow harness as well..

7. A&M Snowplowing

did u have probelms on both of ur trucks or jus one cause i am hearing i need to do a relay for the headlight ones to make them work right or do i not even need that

8. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Ah, we have a winner. Where did you get the 55 watt kit, DaySpring? Sounds like a set up I could use.

9. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I got everything off ebay, the Hid's and relay harness came from hidxenonshop. The signal canceller came from hidxenonshop.