1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hid lights for truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieseltech, Dec 5, 2011.

1. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Hey guys, ive been thinking about getting some hid's for my 06 f250. Will i run into any problems having them in my headlights along with my plow. Dont want to run both at the same time, im just wondering if the wiring will be an issue having the light harness for my ultra mount hooked up too? Its a 4 port iso. I dont want to screw up my iso mod having the hid's? Any light to be shed on this is appreciated.

2. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I have HIDs in mine and I have no problem...I installed them but BOSS dealer did my install..they didnt say it was a problem..although they did put some new wires in :), their clip to hold the harness in was a hell of a lot better
  3. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

The boss dealer installed the hid's in your trucks headlights?
  4. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I skipped a few words I think...oops..no I installed the lights but when they installed my plow they changed the wires
  5. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I've got 06 Harley headlights in my truck and I've had no problems with HIDs through the 4-port ISO box.

Beyond that, I've also got HIDs in my MM2 (old style lights) AND I run both the truck lights AND plow lights at the same time. Let's just say... .... It's pretty bright.... Thumbs Up
  6. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

I run HIDs in my F250 and plow. No issues with the ISO module that I know of.