1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hid lights for a ultra mount mvp v plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by stvktz68, Nov 30, 2012.

1. stvktz68

stvktz68 Junior Member

does any one know where to get a hid kit or what kit to buy what size are the current lights
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If you have the Nighthawks the bulbs are H13s. I have never installed in a plow but have put some on plow trucks. I have heard of people trying it but never heard how well it went. Consider attaching your ballast to the metal base of the Nighhawk so that the heat is carried away effectively. There is no ventalation in those lights so heat may be a problem. Voltage drops might also be an issue because the current has to go through longer wire and plugs. If you have to tie into a full time 12 V source consider using a seperate wire and plug because if you tie into the main plow relay you may find the voltage drops too low when the motor is loading the system. Here in Canada I have ordered from a place called Absolute HID Canada. http://absolutehid.ca/index.php/ Just do a Google search for HID kits and you will find lots of offeres.
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

4. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

I have them in the older style lights, Just have to buy the conversion headlight. I believe it is an h4. In regards to the heat, I never had a problem- actually it helps its just warm enough to melt the snow off the headlights but not to warm to ruin anything. That is correct, I needed a 12 V source, I bought a trailer plug male/ female- works great never had any problems. This is the second season that this set up has been on my snow plow.