1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HID install into Nitehawk lights????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dissociative, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

it's a H13 headlight right? So could i just swap in one of those HID kits for a H13 headlight?

Don't everyone go all crazy bashing hid's please, not a debate...just a question..

has anyone tried this?...western offers hid?...

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Yes it works. Get the H13 HID replacement kit and wire away. Only thing is most HID kits only give high beam so look for the good kits with both. There's plenty of room in the housings for them

J

3. Dissociative

thought so,......anyone do this..i noticed these have no refractor over the bulb...so brighness is an issue

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

They ( wagner I believe ) make a replacement with a built in refractor / focus cone. These can be adapted to the HID bulb

J

5. Dissociative

ahhhhh that woudl make all the difference...refractor cones help HIDS not blind...

sounds expensive, but i bet it looks great

6. Snow_Control

Snow_Control Junior Member

Will just an h13 bulb without the highbeam built in work? The hids are bright enough in low, is it nesessary to run the high/low bulb? Thanks

7. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

you dont want the high and low beam, from experience doing installs, the high low beam motor in the bulb does NOT last unless you spend the big bucks on the kit. dont get it just go with the singal beam 35W and believe me you will have more then enough light

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I just set up my Intensifires to run off relays with dual burn. Much better than before, I don't think I really need more.