1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flipper, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I just wanted to say "HI" to the board. This is my first year that I will be plowing for myself. I wondered if there are other women on the board who are in the business?

I hope that you will give me a lot of advice as I need it.
  2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Hi Flipper welcome aboard.A lot of good info on here for the first time snow plower. What kind of equipment will you be plowing with?

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Flipper, welcome. Strange that you posted, I was wondering if we even had ANY women contractors on this board.

How long have you been plowing?

You may want to checkout chucks site www.snowplowing-contractors.com
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2001
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

hey, somebody else from CT. what town are you located in?
  5. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

there are a lot of members in CT. Welcome aboard Flipper!! I'm sure you find a lot of useful information here.
  6. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Flipper - welcome to Plowsite!

Yikes - the list of members from CT is really growing! We gotta get some more Canadian content happenin' , or we'll be really outnumbered! ;)
  7. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Rob, I'm closer to Canada (ok,, Quebec) than I am to CT, does that help any?
  8. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I think it might - Mick & GeoffD are up fairly close to Canada as well - I'll count them too! :D
  9. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Welcome Flipper.

If you use "SEARCH" on the menu at the top, you can search for any topic that you would like to learn about. Chances are no matter what topic you are looking for, it has been covered.
    If you can't find what you are looking for, go ahead and ask away.

Does this mean we have to watch our language now that there is a lady in the room? :eek: just kidding, we are all perfect gentlemen here. :rolleyes:
  10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Sometimes Maine seems more like a Canadian province that a state, Rob, so count away.

Dave - gentlemen? maybe. Perfect - absolutely.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2001
  11. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Welcome Flipper.

It is not about man or woman here. This group will help all equally you've come to a good place.

Have you checked out SIMA at www.sima.org ? It is a great organization fro the plow contractor.

12. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome to the forum FLIPPER. You should be able to find some great information here and you may look into joining SIMA.
    Dont let all the guys intimitate you as i know a few snow plow contractors that are woman who can plow cicles around the guys.
    John Parker
    Taconic Maintenance/N.Y. Snow Pros
  13. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

For the record my wife drives my K-2500 GMC with a 7.5 foot Western like an ace. I may hate to have to say it but she does a better job than some men that I have given the wheel to for a try.

14. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Where in CT are you from and what resteraunt....just curious.
  15. Armor

Armor Member

Welcome! I'm new to this site as well.:D
  16. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

welcome flipper u will be very happy and can find all the info you need on pretty much anythi

17. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Where did you go Flipper? Hope the slow start to winter has not detered you from the site.
  18. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

All you Brutes scared her off! :D