1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi Way V-box Sander Mdel P5 Upstate Ny

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by CNYFarmboy, Oct 30, 2005.

1. CNYFarmboy

CNYFarmboy Junior Member

I have up for sale a used v box spreader in great condition, the manufactur is Hi Way and they are still in buissness. I would say this item is between 3-5yrs old. I bought it back in the spring used and I have stored it inside all summer. It has a briggs 8.5hp motor, in cab controls, top screen. I have hooked everything up, I put new battery cables on it and a new solidniod. The battery is just like new also. I just did this becuase those items looked a little erodded. Everthing has been greased and oiled after each use, never has had sand or salt left in over night. spinner is in great shape, clutch works great. The item is ready to be worked, needs nothing but a new owner. The length is 5ft so this sander fits in your 8ft box with the tool box still in it. The item has a hook in the middle near the rear where you can pick the sander right up with a standard engine crane or cherry picker. I am asking $1000.00 or best offer. I am located in Upstate NY, Sherburne 13460. I can deliver this item for the cost of fuel. I would be willing to go about 200mile radius or so. I can email pictures on request. my email is cnyfarmboy@frontiernet.net

2. CNYFarmboy

CNYFarmboy Junior Member

Here are a few pictures of the item. The guy i bought it from was going to paint it, so he primed some of the areas he thought should be. So the black paint does not mean anything. I was going to paint it yellow, but I dont like it when equipment is not in original paint, so i did not.

Pic 002 is of the top of the sander with the screen.

Pic 004 is of the spinner with the shields flipped up

Pic 006 is of the briggs 8.5hp engine with the throttle control, new solidniod, new battery cables, and this engie also has the back up recoil

Pic 009 is of the the body of the sander with the engie cover back

Pic 011 is of the bed chain

Hi Way Sander 002 (2).jpg

Hi Way Sander 004 (2).jpg

Hi Way Sander 006 (2).jpg

Hi Way Sander 009 (2).jpg

Hi Way Sander 011 (2).jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  3. CNYFarmboy

CNYFarmboy Junior Member

Here are some pictures of the in cab controls, and outside wire connection.

Pic 016 is of the inside controls that allow you to start, stop engine, engauge sander, throttle engine up and down, and also watch the amps. of the engine to make sure its charging. All wires are color coridnated, very easy hook up. Also this is self contained, no wiring to the battery of your truck has its own.

Pic 017 is of the plug in, this is where you plug the sander in to the truck controls.

Hi Way Sander 016 (2).jpg

Hi Way Sander 017 (2).jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  4. CNYFarmboy

CNYFarmboy Junior Member

I would like to know what this item is worth. I am giving it a fresh coat of yellow paint right now. Its not going to look great but look better then it did. Once it is done i will post pics. But again if some one is looking or a sander for a short box this it. So make me some offers,