1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi Vis Jackets

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rjk512, Dec 1, 2014.

1. rjk512

rjk512 Member

Looking for opinions on hi vis jackets...

I've been pondering the idea for a while, just waiting to find the right time to get one, for the right price.

I'm a big fan of Game work wear, even though their stuff is a bit pricey.

I've been looking at some other brands too.

Also, anyone have any recommendations as to where to get this stuff on the cheap? I've been checking out a few different stores.

Thanks.

2. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

I ordered mine through A.M. Leonard (in orange) and I also live 5 minutes from a place called Cutler Work Wear that has really good prices as well.

3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Just get a vest for $20 and put on your jacket, that way when it's dirty get a new one, you can only wash them a few times before the reflective stripes aren't reflective anymore.

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i have a carhart zippered sweatshirt jacket and, a craftsman (dunno who really makes it) vest. the vest has retained its color much better than the carhart. possibly due ot being coated with dupont something or other, i forget what the tag said. both are over 5 years old. i don't know what the carhart cost as it was aq gift but the vest was $25 on sale i believe

546995_10200520367877272_1984576466_n.jpg

5. Steve24m

Steve24m Junior Member

6. KFX450RXC

KFX450RXC Member

7. Steve24m

Steve24m Junior Member

Have no idea

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

9. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

I have a green work king full suit definetly worth the $300

10. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I have been looking into this myself. I have seen the craftsman zip sweat shirts for around $50 in the store.

11. NThill93

NThill93 Member

tractor supply has some nice looking jackets for decent prices. I had a craftsman orange one that was real nice but its gone now.

12. rjk512

rjk512 Member

Thanks for the site suggestions.

So from everything I'm seeing (eBay included) I guess it looks like 50 bucks on average for one of the bomber jackets.

Anyone have any experience with the Game Workwear quilted hi-vis jacket or Municipality jackets in particular???

13. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

14. blk90s13

15. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Check out the safety thread we had this conversation last year, hi vis reflective clothing is a really good investment. Two years ago I had a friends son shovelling for me and early one morning I almost clipped him with the skid steer, It did not help that he was dressed in camo. Even if you have casual help buy some cheapo vests and put them on folks who maybe working around you.
    I worked thirty years in a mining environment safely, pushing powder I plan to do the same.

16. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

I'd probably just buy a vest. I wear an old, but only wore twice, FedEx winter 3/4 coat. Reflective stripes all over the place.

17. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

18. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

19. blk90s13

20. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict