1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi There New Fella Here Have A Good Question For Ya

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgedawg, Dec 21, 2005.

1. dodgedawg

dodgedawg Junior Member

HOWDY YALL, I AM THE NEW GUY HERE AND WANTED TO SAY FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN THIS FORUM IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN MISSING IN MY LIFE. ANYWAY, I FOUND YOU GUYS OUT FROM DODGETALK AND WANTED TO ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION. CAN YOU PUT A SNOWPLOW ON A 2002 AND NEWER 1500 4X4 AND ACTUALLY USE IT. I HAVE SEEN THEM BEFORE BUT ALL I HEAR IS NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! I HAD AND JUST MISTAKENELY SOLD MY 1995 DODGE REG CAB 1400 4X4 SHORTBED WITH A 8' WESTERN UNIMOUNT. i HAVE BEEN PLOWING SNOW AND BEEN AROUND SNOW SINCE I HAS A WITTLE GUY. LET ME HEAR SOME OF YOUR INPUT ON THIS MATTER. THANKS ALOT AND NICE TO BE HERE!
    :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

2. NEAL

NEAL Member

Best thing is to just call your local dealer and have them check the recommended applications and see if you can. May vary from different plow manufacturers too. Actually now that I think about it Western's web site has a Quick match that you can enter your truck info in and it tells you what plow you can run. Other plow brand web sites may have something similar too. Good luck.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I just ran your truck through the Fisher plow selection site and this is what it gave (I made an assumption on the engine size of a 5.9L):

2002, DODGE, RAM 1500.

The vehicle has a 4x4 drive train, Quad Cab body style, 6.3 Box foot box, 5.9L V8 engine type, 3900 minimum FGAWR, 3900 minimum RGAWR, 6650 minimum GVWR, and HB5 headlamp type.

The blade selected is 7 1/2' LD Series with Minute Mount 2 . The control type selected is Joystick Control.

The required ballast is 500 lbs.

The only difference if you have the smaller engine is the ballast - use 250lbs instead of 500.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard 760LT setup on my 04 quab cab.

DSC00083.JPG

5. dodgedawg

dodgedawg Junior Member

How does your truck the 1500 sport hold up to the plow and did you do anything to the truck to beef up the suspension. Let me know what you did, I have the same truck except for an 2002. Thanks ,Chris

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

toss in a set of timbrens and you should be fine.
    Todd

7. dodgedawg

dodgedawg Junior Member

I think I must be stupid and don't relize what you are talking about (tiberens) could you explain what they are and what they do and where they go. I probaly know what theyy are, I just don't know that name for them or somthing. Thanks again, Chris

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Ridehard, your equipment is just way too pretty, are you afraid to use it:D Just kidding, sweet shop, I'd be cleaning my stuff too if I had a shop like that.

10. [​IMG]

Another one to check out. I have a 7' Boss on mine and it works great!

11. dodgedawg

dodgedawg Junior Member

Hey, THakns for all the info. I am looking foward to putting a plow on the front of my truck. If you have anyother ideas or recomondations let me know. I am sure glad I found this site. You guys are AOK:salute:

12. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a set of timbrens on my truck and 360lbs of ballast in the back. I think my truck plows as good as any 2500. Just take your time and don’t beat on your equipment and you should be fine. I try to wash my truck as much as possible in the winter. I always have. I don’t want all that crap on my vehicles.