1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi, New to forum & plowing with a truck

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BD1, Nov 29, 2013.

1. BD1

BD1 Member

My 2011 Double Cab Tacoma is getting a MD75 installed on it today. Any tips would be appreciated. Should I add weight to the bed? If so how much & what would u recommend to use? Also has anyone made a dolly up for it, if so do u have specs & pics

Thanks Bill
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

throwing a few bags of salt or quikcrete behind the rear axle never hurts
  3. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

The Plow Selector on Snow Dogg's site will tell you. I selected what I assume were the correct specs based on your description above and it only recommended a MD68 for that truck. I'm sure you will be fine with the MD75 but their minimum ballast recommendation for the MD68 on your truck was 790 so you will want to get some weight back there. I use sand tubes from the home improvement stores. They are in a heavy duty bag and weigh 70 lbs each.