1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi guys

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Wyrmslayer, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Wyrmslayer

Wyrmslayer Junior Member
    from KC

Im in the lawn care industry and was looking for a supplement for the winter and thought plowing would be a good idea.

I have been working with a guy for 10 years now helping him plow snow in the winter so I do know how to use one. I have used Fisher, Meyer and Hiniker.

My question is :

I have a 97 F-250 Heavy Duty with an extended cab. Im try to find out what plow would be the best to put on there. Ill be doing mainly residential with a couple small commercial lots. Nothing major.

I was also wondering if there is anything I should do to the front end to reinforce it.

Thanks guys!

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite. Keep in mind that this site is slowing down very fast for the season so questions might not be answered as quick. ;)

As far as your truck goes, an 8ft. plow would be just fine. You could either add another spring to the front of your truck or add a set of timbrens. Either choice will help your suspension. :nod:

3. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Also,as far as your opnion on which snowplow to purchase.Well your wide open to diffrent opions and your better to read from this forum and see what everybody views as the best...Do search under SNOWPLOWS and sit back and read on...

4. Wyrmslayer

Wyrmslayer Junior Member
    from KC

Thanks for the advice. Im a little impatient :)

BTW not to sound stupid but whats a timbern?

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Do a search for Timbrens on here and you'll find out everything you need to know. :nod:
    Good luck.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Timbren is a brand of loadbooster: http://www.timbren.com/

7. Wyrmslayer

Wyrmslayer Junior Member
    from KC

I wonder how effective they are?

I talked to my local Hiniker dealer today and he told me my F250 HD wouldnt need any work to be done on it for an 8 foot plow.

Quoted me a price of 4100 installed. Doesnt seem to bad.