1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi guys, New here! couple q's

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by GW250, Jun 29, 2010.

1. GW250

GW250 Junior Member

Hi everyone! New to the site and l like it!
    I have a question...(story first) I bought a truck dodge 2500 and my buddy has a plow he'll sell me pretty cheap and I want to plow for him this winter. it's an older Boss V and doesn't have the nicer smart lock angle cylinders. I've been calling around for prices and HOLY CRAP!!! $300 per CYL??? I looked online and noticed there are 2 different versions.
    One for newer and one for older. I've also noticed that I can get the newer version for 40 - 50 less then the older ones. will the newer smart lock angle cylinders fit/work on older V plows?

Thanks for your help guys!

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Unless you are doing a lot of back dragging you don't need the smart locks. I have a 98 that doesn't have the smart locks and really haven't had any real problems.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can run the newer style cylinders on an older unit (pre-'06) with some shimming/mods but as CET mentioned unless you're expecting to do a fair amount of back dragging they're not all that necessary.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You don't need them,Besides 300 bucks buys a lot of coffee while plowing:)
  5. 100InchHammer

100InchHammer Member

Hi Guys. New to plowsite, thought I would start here, didn't want to start another newbie thread.

I haven't plowed in about 10 yrs, recently purchased a 79 Chevy Silverado 4X4, shortbed, 350, in really decent shape. The truck has a western plow on it. It's a half ton that was really beefed up, extra springs, helpers on the rear, dual batteries, dual tanks.
  6. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

So what's the question? Or was that just an introduction?
  7. 100InchHammer

100InchHammer Member

Lol, just an introduction. Right now I'm just getting my feet wet here, reading up on older threads...using the search function a lot. I see I am the minority with my outfit. I've been looking to read up on older plows and trucks like mine but most are late model equipment. I fully understand why, the new trucks and plows of today are awesome.

I'll just keep reading up on topics and discussions, I imagine any question I have has already been asked, answered and debated here a 100x's over.

As for my hobbies, I am a motorcycle drag racer/rider. I have owned many bikes over my years of riding and currently am racing a 100 cu in Victory Hammer. Great bike! I am also a hunter, fisherman and in general a country boy like most of the rest of us here. I'll post some pics of my truck later this month, here's a few of my bikes, kids and toys.

I'm having technical difficulties, lmao. BRB

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Or Beer....:drinkup::drinkup: