1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi from wny

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by leftynetter23, Jan 24, 2012.

1. leftynetter23

leftynetter23 Junior Member

Im 18 work on the farm and deliver milk in glass bottles (last of a dying breed). I work for what i want. Im also a volunteer firefighter, its cool. Ive been floating around the site since the summer. Over the summer i purchased my first truck a 2004 2500hd from the local lumber yard. The truck came as pictured, with an added bonus of a 7'6" western ultramount. Since these pics i have added 2 new batteries, wipers, fresh fluids throughout, new brakes all around, and torsion bar keys. I bought it with 83k and it currently has 86k. I love my truck only thing i wish it was a diesel, but the 6.0 is pretty decent. I have also removed the gumball light and ladder rack and added a back rack a weatherguard toolbox and a cheapo revolving light until i buy an led one. Future plans will be to add the new bumer that i bought (after winter), order my new style towing mirrors, to installs my hd fan clutch that is sitting next to me, black out the stock rims, put some goodyear wrangler duratracs, hook up my cb radio, and add a couple more lights maybe even some herculiner in the bed and the bottom of the panels. I am not plowing commercially this year due to work and school as well as sports, only doing friends and family have 8. Any tips are welcome thanks. Updated pics later, sorry no pics with plow on yet.

12500hd1.jpg

22500hd2.jpg

2500hd3.jpg

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Welcome to plow site, Lots of smart people here so if you need help just ask, Truck looks good and it sound like your on your way to a nice setup. good luck.

3. Mrplow247

Mrplow247 Member

Alden NY here. If you need anything lemme know bro

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck and welcome

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

make sure you have the correct fan pitch for the heavy duty clutch if you do not have one in it now

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Welcome lefty.

You sound like a bright and hard working kid. Good for you! Good looking truck too.

You'll go far with your attitude and work ethic. Your folks must be very proud of you.

7. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Welcome! I definitely drive by your fire-hall every day on my way to work, nice to see another local!