1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi Flo---Standard Flo ????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IDOCTORTREES, Nov 1, 2010.

1. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

I am in quite a debate between a hi flow snowblower and a standard flow snowblower on bobcat skidsteers. I own a hi flow snowblower and run that on a bobcat S330. Very impressed with this combination. I am looking at adding another skidsteer and have been told that a standard flow blower matched with a standard flow machine will perform as well as a hi flow blower on a hi flow machine. Is this true? My thinking is that a hi flow blower should out perform a standard blower. More gallons per minute equals more work done. Most of my work is blowing large snow piles.

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks Wade:waving:

2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

When I purchased my Cat with high flow they told me it was a different pump all together one had nothing to do with the other. Higher HP machine I have now, I have found helps run my Bush hog mower better then with the lower HP skid I once had. I can lower and raise the arms and have no issues with speed loss on the mower. The Cat 246B I used to have would slow the mower down allot now with the Cat 262C no problem.

My std flow blower I had worked ok for the short time I had it and the little snow we had last year. High flow helps throw the snow further especially if its wet snow.

3. IDOCTORTREES

from MONTANA

Thanks for your help

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

They had a Cat snowblower in stock maybe he was trying to sell me that. LOL I'm not sure what the extra cost was for high flow but it wasn't huge and made sense to get it.

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I've been told from the engineers of 2 different skidloader snowblower manufacturers that unless you are shoving large quantities of snow through the blower, high flow wasn't that big of a difference.
    For all the different things you own, why a skid and blower for moving piles? There are alot of faster machines than skidloaders for moving snow. (or a tractor & blower) I have 3 skids and blowers but never use them for moving piles.

6. IDOCTORTREES

from MONTANA

I had a blower on a ford newholland pto mount. Every time I went to use I would break the sheer pins .Spent more time fixing than working. I would buy a tractor to plow and blow with but. I dont know enough about them to get passed what the dealer is telling me. What is the best?

7. real550A

real550A Junior Member

I recently purchased a 773G w/standard flow and am going to fit it with a blower to clear my 1/4 mile sand driveway. Is there a big difference between mfgrs. like Bobcat, Erskine, Loftness, etc. as far as quality? Seeking all opinions, as I don't want to have to buy twice!
    I do realize the gpm and flow have to match the machine. Thanks!

8. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

got a standard flow Bradco at the beginning of the winter. used it after every storm to blow back piles. it would blow the snow a good 30 ft and worked very well in my opinion especially for half the price of a high flow.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on the size too...a standard flow is not gonna match a h/f unit say at 70 to 84inches... A h/f machine will bog down under heavy load... Think of it like locking your cars torque converter vs slipping to climb a hill... Our new deere 319d stand flow won't bog much... And our 332d new deere with high flow will but will more a lot more snow quicker...especially wet stuff a h/f can't beematched