1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi beam light problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Berger, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Berger

Berger Junior Member

:confused: Began having trouble with the lights on my Meyers plow last winter, and the trouble continues. When I switch to my plow lights they stay on bright, even when I try to switch to low beams. Cleaned the grounds where they connect to the body with no luck, and cleaned and greased the connections too. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

PS New to the site, lots of great information!
  2. tileman

tileman Member

Welcome to plowsite Berger.

Could you give us some more information:\

How old is the light system on the truck

What type of lights

What year and type of truck

With a little more info we may have and answer that will help.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a switch problem
    more info would help

4. Berger

Berger Junior Member

Truck is a 98 Ram 1500, Plow rig is about 4 years old - the lights say made for Meyer by Trucklite. Everything works fine when I'm using the regular headlights, but as I said, the plow lights only stay on high. Worked fine when they were 1st installed, but here in NY we had a lot of snow last year and the same is expected this year, so I figured I'd get ready early. Thanks for any suggestions you can make.
  5. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Possible stuck relay? :confused:
  6. Plowzer

Plowzer Junior Member

Try replacing both plow lights....sounds illogical but thats what i had to do.