1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hi all

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dave1250, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Just thought someone might know what my problem might be . The brakes on my 1998 Chevy 4X4 HD when you come to a stop will pulsate I know its the anti brakes system but what would cause it .I just bought the truck with 72,000 and going to plow with it . My old truck which is a 1990 GMC 4X4 had 280,000 and started breaking down alot so time to get another truck . Thank any taker on my problem ?

2. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

If it is happening while you are stopping, the rotors could be warped. You will know if the ABS kicks in, The break peddle will go to the floor, and it will feel like there is no break. Hope this helps.

3. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Yes the pedal goes to the floor

Thanks for the reply I think this is the same problem they are having with alot of GM trucks.

4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

i had an 01 2500, and the rotors they use are junk, and at 72,000 miles sounds like they just need to be changed. I changed mine out at 30,000 miles. Hope i helped.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if its 5mph or less and its pulsing the pedel. then its the gm bulliten for rust on wheel speed sensors in the front bearings. it pushes the sensor away from the tone ring. remove and clean then reinstall.