1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hi all im a newbe got a few ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigrich954rr, Oct 4, 2004.

1. bigrich954rr

bigrich954rr Junior Member

ive been looking over this site for a while and tryed to learn as much as possible. today i picked up my plow (boss 8ft super) so now im cool enough to join. but i got a few ? i have 96 f350 reg cab when i put the plow on. the front end dropped alot i was thinking of putting air bags up front anything good or bad about the idea and what brand would be good. if any one has tips or hints on plowing or how not to kill your truck in one season feel free to give them. i started a glass/construction company and am hoping to add plowing and maybe landscaping in the summer, im just trying to grow.
  2. bigrich954rr

Boss Hydraulics?

when lowering the plow, the plow drops really fast and hard, is this normal for a boss plow? could it damage a black top drive-way? from lock to lock is really fast which causes the truck to jerk to whatever side the plow moves to, is that okay or should it be slowed down? i would prefer the fast speed i just wanna make sure it wont damage anything.
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite!! :waving: The drop speed is fully adjustible. There should be a set screw with a retainer nut around it on the back of the pump housing. Loosen the nut and adjust the set screw to desired speed, tighten the nut.
  4. bigrich954rr

ok thanks ill look for the adjustment
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

One piece of advise - don't carry glass to one job while plowing snow at another. :nono:

Welcome to Plow Site.
  6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I would put a set of timbrens in the front. that will help!!!

welcome to plowsite! :waving:
  7. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

put on some timbrens
  8. bigrich954rr

any reason not to get air bags
  9. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

how many miles are on the truck?
    it is a 4wd truck correct?
  10. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

timbrens are cheaper and eaiser to install. air bags will provide a better ride. it is all up to you. the install on a set of air bags is pretty involved and you need an air compressor.
  11. DJC

DJC Senior Member

plus a lot more $$$$ I do beleive!!!
  12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

those air requires alot of other stuff to make it work timbern are the best solutions
  13. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

They didn't have much to say about your advice :waving: .
  14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Proabably because it was so insightful, everyone is still contemplating it :dizzy: .

Or else ignoring it, hoping it'll go away.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  15. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I think they just glassed right over it. :) :) :)

Sorry couldn't resist. :nono: