1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bobcat s-160, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

Hey does anyone use a bobcat? I just got a new 2007 bobcat s-160 about 2 weeks ago and the left pedal, the one that raises and lowers the bucket seems to push a little harder than it should when raising the bucket, when you lower the bucket it is normal, will it take some time to get it broke in? after a little while running it my leg starts to get sore. :realmad:

2. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Baby Bobcat 463 here

Sounds like binding I believe that it is a greaseable fitting down thereI. If it's that new have the dealer check it out. It's a little work to kick the peddle but shouldn't be that tough tomove that your leg gets tired.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Should've bought a New Holland, I hear there linkages are far superior to BObcat's.

Did you try lubricating it?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  4. bobcat s-160

from MI

No, no greaseable fitting down there, called the dealer and he said it will take some time to get broke in. thanks for your advice anyway:waving:

5. bobcat s-160

from MI

There is really know why to lubricate it is there? I never heard about new holland having linkages superior to bobcat. tell me more :help:

6. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I can fill you in. My NH. pedals are very easy to use I can run it all day no problems. Bobcat pedals are stiffer and you have to push them farther to get them to start working. Also the drive levers have to be pushed farther causing you to lean over all day. You can't just move the seat becsue then the pedals are too close. I don't really care for their cab geometry. Maybe you could park the bobcat and, just drive your deere atleast it's close to a new holland !!! Seriously though if it's new and the dealer blows you off , thats crap. Good luck !!!

7. bobcat s-160

from MI

I fixed the problem today. The nut on the pedal that attaches to the bar that goes under the cab was too tight I loosen the nut and now it is fine. So you have a NH. have any problems with it? what year? how many hours on it? size? power? what is it rated at?

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you found the problem.

As an FYI, you don't need a grease fitting to lubricate something.

9. magnatrac

Glad to hear you fixed it it's never good to have new equipment that doesn't work right. If you do some research you will see that I own a 2001 ls 160 w/ mclaren rubber protrac's. Manual says it's 46hp. 1750lbs. capacity ( It loads 2400lbs. pallets of salt no porblems ). I purchased it it 2002 have put 600 hrs. on it with no problems.

10. bobcat s-160

from MI

So my Bobcat and your NH is about the same size. My Bobcat has 56 horse and is rated at 1,700. My john deere has 60 horse and is rated at 1,750. I bet my john deere will lift more than your NH.wesport

11. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

All right gentlemen, let's not let this degenerate completely into a pissin' contest

12. magnatrac

Are you a little kid seriously. I said I was glad you got you machine fixed. I really don't care that you have an unhealthy obsession with bobcat. I never said my NH. was better than your deere I just had to poke a little fun when you were told by mark that you should have bought a NH.( since you like to trash them ). If a thread has the word bob or cat in it you have dug it up and posted on it in the past few weeks. You need to understand that the people here that have read all of your posts don't take you serious. Sorry but you did this yourself. Please remember that this is plowsite not bobcat site. I have never said a thing on this site that I have not had experiance with. You came on here and started giving opions with out any personal experiance ( remember you said nh. blow motors ) Again good luck and have a wonderful day !!!

13. bobcat s-160

from MI

I know just messing with you to see what you would say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:waving: xysport

14. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

...i dont even know what to say to that... :dizzy:

15. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

What the flick....???? :rolleyes:

16. bobcat s-160

from MI

What are you talking about. it isn't that bad, i just wanted to see what he would say if i said my jd would lift more than his NH. He wasn't mad i talked to him after i posted that he knows that i was just joking about that he is a good guy and knows alot about skid steers. You people are making a big deal out of nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.