1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey wing plow guys got a quick ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

I should be getting my wing plow this week. Any tips you can give me on operating it and things that you have done to make it more efficient. Also I do a couple of developments that have man hole covers without the second coat, so the covers stick up quite a bit how should I handle these with the wing plow? And lastly do you have a light or anything mounted on it to help see. Thank you

2. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

I see you mentioned you are getting a wing plow some time this week. Is it the Blizzard 810 plow or are you refering to the 8'2" Boss V-plow. I would have thought that that plow would be to heavy for the dodge front end. I have an '01 with the h.o. diesel in it and have been looking at plows to get. I have used the boss v-plow before and like how they operate, but am also looking at the blizzard 810 pwr plow. Did you do anything to the front suspension to beef it up or is it the way it came with the plow prep package. That's all I have for mine is the stock suspension and the plow prep. package when i ordered my truck.

3. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

dieseltroop,
    He already has a boss v-plow. He is talking about a wing plow that hangs on the side of the truck.

Ray

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Do ya mean sidewing.com

5. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Oh, gotchya. Sorry I am new to some of these things that are added to the trucks.

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search:

nsmilligan is our resident expert on sidewing.

7. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Yeah the sidewing. As for my truck I put the Number 48 springs in the front with timbrens and it works great!

8. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

You need to explain the number 48 springs to me. It's a little foreign to me. I gather that they are heavier duty from how you put it on your last reply, but how does it compare to the stock ones on the 3/4 ton which I have. did you do it yourself or did someone do it for ya. I'm not that gifted to do it myself, nor do I have the setup to do it. Any more info. on this would be great.

9. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Jason,
    Did your side wing come in yet? If it did do you have it together yet? If not make sure you take pics of the whole install process.

Ray