1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey thailor, where ya from????

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by ducaticorse, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Is it possible to have a regional separation on this board? We all know who we are. As an individual, we know everything there is to know about dropping a heavy piece of straight edge onto a piece of hardened rock. We are all super bad ass. Numbers can be delegated throughout certain regions. Lets work it out. It will take some time, but I think it will be beneficial to all who participate in this forum. Numbers and snowfall vary like the wind. There is no country wide standard.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

There's kinda an unofficial break down in the weather section. Reading through different threads you can get an idea of where guys are from and figure out who's in your area.

3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

You're right.. Maybe it should be enforced though.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I live in the states,so I won't be able to talk to the Canadian guys?

5. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we have a networking forum and, as Mark13 mentioned, in the Weather Discussion forum, there are several threads that are separated by region/area

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You learn more from people in other area's then your own.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Never heard of hardened rock. Is that some sort of heat treating process? Is there a scale for measuring rock harndess similar to the Rockwell scale?

8. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

OK I live in Ohio. Plow in Ohio and Indiana where would that put me. And the guys and gals that live in one state and work in another. Just food for thought.

9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Salt doesn't like to eat the hardened rock stuff, it chips their teeth.

10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Cool, now we're going to talk about hungry salt and not-so-hungry salt. Thumbs Up

Next up: Metric and imperial salt!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.