1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Snowdogg reps...........

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by JustJeff, Aug 23, 2014.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

It was said last year that wings would be available for your v and vxf plows this year. Is this still the case? If so, will they be tapered to match the flared wing of the plow, or lower/flatter ones like the other mfg's? If they are being made, when will they be available?

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Yes, they are FINALLY available. They were supposed to be out last season but got pushed down the priority list. They are similar looking to the VX wings. We looked at making them full height or angled - but it would have made them ridiculously large, heavy, and expensive. They still have the integral shear pin to protect the plow and are stainless steel (same as before).
    Part number is 16021712 and price remained the same. They are still too new to have a picture on the website - once we have that up I'll update.

3. JustJeff

How much longer will they make the plow and how much will they cost? Do they simply "fold away" like the other wings or will they have to be removed completely when not in use? Thanks for your speedy reply!

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The V-wings don't flip back because of the trip springs - that only works on the straight blade wings - so you do need to remove them. They add 2' to the plow length.

5. JustJeff

Thank you sir. Any idea of the weight? And the ease of putting them on and off?

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

About 55 lbs each - at initial fit they are a little tight (by design) - but they remove by pulling a single pin.

7. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Can I get wings for the VMD VE?

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Sorry I missed this before - we don't make wings for our smaller plows. They just aren't built for them. Wings add a LOT of load to the plow.

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Scott - I just purchased a set of wings for my VX95, these are the "older" wings (I'm assuming you are all talking about a new design). Are the wings I have for my VX95 able to be mounted on a VXF?

I'm considering a new plow after this season and would like to keep my wings if I do.

10. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Yeh, So I made my own wings ! Yep it push's a lot more snow.. Yep
    Bob

plowwings on the 98.jpg

11. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Very nice lookin