1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey smoorsman you out there!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 1fast383, Dec 12, 2010.

1. 1fast383

1fast383 Junior Member

Put an hd75 on my f250 last year, pulled it out of garage and hooked it up yesterday and passenger side low beam light doesn't work. The truck light is on instead of the plow light. The high beams and turn signals work fine also.The bulb looks fine,checked for power and nothing at the connection.Would the problem have to be in the plug going from grill to plow or is there another place to look. Plug is clean and filled with dialectric grease. THANKS JOHN B SNO-N-GRO!!!!!!!!!!
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

If a specific plow light is off, and the truck light is on, then that relay must not be shifting. That's unusual - but assuming it worked right last year, it's the only possibility I can think of. I don't have my service stuff with me, but take a look at the realy box, take the cover off, and wiggle the relays. Also make sure the relay box was mounted vertically (cap up).

A bad relay is easy to change out, but they shouldn't really go bad (unless they are getting wet).