1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey plow guys I need your infinite wisdom, PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Alright guys Im bidding on my second development to bid on and my biggest! If you could help me out on the bidding Im not trying to be exact just moreless a ball park so I dont underbid it. Alright here it goes.

-Its 110 houses in this development on 1/2 Acre lots

-With 8 cultasacks I havent got the mileage of the development yet, but I will.

-They want a 3in trigger
    They want prices like this 3-4in ?
    4-8in?
    8-12in?
    Above 12in per inch+8"-11.99" price
    Salt per bag?
    Front end loader upon request per hr
    Dump truck to remove snow per hour

To try to describe the development its one long road coming in and coming full circle around and 8 cultisacks taping off that road!

Thank you so much for the help, Im just trying to do this properly!

The bid is due in on Sunday Nov. 2

2. whitetail

whitetail Junior Member

My company specializes in residential developments and would be happy to offer some advice on the way we bid. If you PM me wth a number or contact I will discuss it with you (to detailed and long for a post).

3. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

crafty,
    My company also specializes in subdivisions. We handle several in New Castle County. Feel free to pm me and I would be more than happy to help you. If they are in NCC there are some selling points I can help you with. I will check to see if they also apply to Kent county.

Ray

4. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

No plow?

How you gonna bid a development without a plow on that truck of your's? If your serious dude, get a plow NOW! By the way I didn't get to call BK on the base yet but wanted you to know I got your message. I'm still waiting on the hospital for their decision. I'm giving them 2 weeks and then I'll wait no more. What development is it? Maybe I can picture it and tell you what I would charge. Call me on my celly.

5. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Hey BRIMOW525,

I found the info I was talking about for Kent County. It does apply to them. PM your number and I will fill you in. Its a good selling point to subdivisions. Its time sensitive so get with me as soon as you can.

Crafty if your interested in the info too PM me with a way to get a hold of you.
    Ray