1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey plow gurus need your input

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Hey guys I have a 2001 dodge ram 2500 and I want to put a curtis plow on it, my question is are curtis plows good and what size would you get oh yeah my truck is a diesel but if you could fill me in on all the details to consider I was looking at the 8ft thanks alot I just plowed this snow storm on the east coast with an atv with a 60in plow blade and thats for the birds well let me know what you think, thanks alot!

2. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I dont know much about curtis plows but I had a 9'2" boss V on my 01 Dodge Ram Quad cab. The truck had ploow prep but carried the plow (about 980lb) fine. the curtis should be ok as far as weight goes but if you are concerned do a search and you will see some have replace the springs in thier Rams.....

Also do a search for curtis plows as it was discussed in the past week or so.

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Jeremy, I love those Quad cabs but was concerned about putting a plow on one. After sitting out this one because my truck let me down I am considering looking at new trucks. I really want an F250 but those new Dodges are great looking!

4. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I love both Rams.... The 2001 I had and the new 2003!

2003 ram wplow 2.jpg

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

BEUTIFUL!!! I don't like extended cabs but the 4 doors look cool! I never needed more than a regular cab because I only have 1 kid. I'm going to look around. What engines does Dodge use now?

6. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

The 2500-3500 uses
    345 Hp 355ftlb 5.7 Hemi (gas):eek: :D :drinkup:
    V-10 Gas
    New Quiet Cummins Deisel

Also a new 5 speed auto!