1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Ohio weather forecasters...

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Kwise, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

You're 0-4 this winter. Maybe next storm you can be accurate within 6 inches? I know weather is hard to predict, but come one.

2. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

they said 6-10 for my area and we got about 1-2.

very touchy lake effect today...i was in cuyahoga falls and there was 1 inch and not snowing then i drove to stowe about 3 minutes away and it was 4 inches and a blizzard!!!!

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Lake effect is always very tricky to predict.
    Having said that....I don't think it's just the weatherman in your area.
    If some of our "guesses" had been true, we'd have a decent winter going...

4. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

I know lake effect is tricky, but this was really the first lake effect event this year. Maybe I'm just getting cranky. Had to vent a bit.

5. Nesit

Nesit Junior Member

2 inches in a 6-8 area they only missed by a little !!!!

6. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

They were calling for nothing in my area and I ended up getting around 2inches I'd say.

7. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Only 2-3 inches fell in the predicted blizzard in the city of Cleveland. Kept me busy though. Better than nothing.

8. Nesit

Nesit Junior Member

We did about 4 hrs last nite. Goin back out at 2 again. Nice to make a little $ finally!!!!!!!!

9. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Its a good thing im not banking on the snow this year! If I was I would have already had a stroke and probably thrown a chair threw my tv! One time I was at a blue jackets game and ran in to Chris Bradley a local forecaster and I gave him a little hell for making a bad call, I got some justice out of it but you could tell he felt bad about it. It was all in good fun.