1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey New Guy, Intro & Questions!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by HVAC Guy, Feb 13, 2009.

1. HVAC Guy

HVAC Guy Member
    from Chicago

Hey Guys. I Am New To the Site. My Name Is AJ From Outside Of Chicago.
    Hope It's Been A Great Year For Everyone!

I Normally Do HVAC, But Lately I Have Been Installing Strobes In Plow Trucks. Most Of My Customers Do It For The Legal Issue Here In Illinois, But Also For Their Safety!

I Just Wanted Opinions From The Experts, You Guys!

I Have Done Standard Installs, Hide Aways, Leds, Lightbars and Such. My Favorite (And Im The Only One In The Area That Will Do It) Is My Custom Quick Disconnect Install For Hide Away's In The Plow.

Check It Out! Let Me Know What You Think. I Am Glad I Have Found This Site, As I Can Post Project Pics and Receive Info From You Guys.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

you need to turn off the front lights to get a good idea of where the stobe light is cming from. I tought of putting them in the plow headlight, but then that is just one more quick disconnect to have to deal with when unhooking the plow. good idea
  3. HVAC Guy

HVAC Guy Member
    from Chicago

Thanks Man, I Just Had Too Many Guys Not Wanting To Spend The Money For The Lightbar/ Roof mount. Around Here, They Are Brutal About Having Warning Lights In The Front and Rear. I Ended Up Installing It For Him For About Half The Price Of an Light Bar. It Was Mostly Just Time and Materials.

It's Actually Really Easy, It's All Quick Disconnect and Sealed.

Thanks For The Input :nod:
  4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Dude, actually that's pretty cool...

I really don't want to look at my strobes for 18 hours in a row. I'll be up in a tower somewhere with a rifle and a scope.:D
    I would put them on a lightbar though.
  5. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I can;t get the link to do anything it just sits there. i click and nothing/
  6. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

strobe problems

I just fixed my front bulbs they weren't sealed at the coupler's and when they got wet i started hearing a popping noise then at the car wash i heard it again and looked in the grill and saw them arcing and burning the couplers so i cut the couplers out and hard wired them with shirk boot. all this would happen with the strobes off. they have some serious current, not to be played with it will light you up:eek:
  7. HVAC Guy

HVAC Guy Member
    from Chicago

8. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i57.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/ooowavesooo/DSCN2830.flv">

i like the idea
  9. HVAC Guy

HVAC Guy Member
    from Chicago

Thank You Very Much! I Can Perform This Surgery Flawless Now On New Westerns. I've Done A Decent Amount, The Guy Just Didn't Want To Flash Himself While Plowing. Strobes Held Up Well The Last 3 Snows, And Still Strong!