1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Neige what's the deal with this guy?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Dec 15, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

One step below lowballer- Noballer.

3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

YEA, u got that right!!! $200 per season on a driveway tells the whole story!

Theres no possible way anyone can make money at that, they would break even on 6 events. :rolleyes:

4. STRONGARM

STRONGARM Senior Member

WOW, Did you read the one comment about the customer that went back to his old contractor that told him this would happen. If he came back I would add a 10% stupid tax to his contract. I've never heard of it that bad around here.

5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

who the hell would want to be out in conditions like that working? lol

6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Its probably that guy from Ottawa that had all his blowers repo'd last year....or was it the year before?

Same MO, anyways.........

7. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

Ouch $200/season. Glad im not competing with them! LOL

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

the worst part about this is alll those peopel left realiable contractors to go with a guy $40 cheaper....what does that say about loyalty....:rolleyes:

9. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

There is a guy around here In Gatineau Quebec they start at 199 bucks for the season,they have got 16 new holland tractors this season,not even worth me doing my drive at that price.Makes a good Christmas present for the wife as my drive is always last:laughing:

10. Kunker

Kunker Member

Why is $200 for the season lowballing? It isn't that far off what Neige charges...

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If each tractor does 150 drives and he gets an additional $70/drive that's an additional $10, 300/season, enough to pay for fuel and labour so yes I'd consider $200 lowballing.

12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

WOW, i hope this company gets its B@LLS nailed to the wall

13. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

He was smart to change his name from lxsmxojfirh or whatever it was, but avalanche must have gotten snowed in. amazed at how many people commented. Im in st. louis an we get no snow and 200 is low unless it is a straight 1 shot drive no side walk. after 6/7 events im over. However I dont do seasonal but I know the few drives I have bring me more than that a year and they are pathetically small. I am underbid on most drives prob but dont like them. There is no loyalty but the is karma and these people r feeling it. Joe blow did a great job for 5 years but this foreigner is a little cheaper and said he will be available whenever I need him as I signed the check.

14. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Sure has alot of similarities to it, doesn't it?

15. D DeSantis

D DeSantis Member

Those guys charge way cheap I don't know how they do it......really sad actually because the prices in montreal are a little behind........but also garages have been fire bombed in that area in the past lol. Can't compete with the prices??? blow the competitors equipment up ahhhh montreal i love it here!!!
    -Dan

16. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Is that the same guy that someone posted before? Last year or the year before? He came up with the same excuse of the tractors being broken.

17. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Buyer beware Just tell them to wait the snow will melt. You hear it every year same story

18. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Huh?

I think Paul is around $300.. So..

$300 x Qty 150 = $45'000. Driver makes what $7000 to $10'000?

$45000 - $10'000 = $35'000 - $15'000 ( Tractor Rental) - $5000.00 (Fuel) = $10'000

On 10 Tractors that's not bad $100'000.00

But that's not including the snow blowers that go for $7000 a pop or the driveways signs at $5 a piece including the fiberglass pole.

19. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I agree. This area of Ontario is cheap. The average going rate for a seasonal residential driveway is around $400.00 and for snowfall and drifting (that we get a tremendous amount of) it is extremely lowballed and then to not have service after 28cm (close enough to a foot in my world):realmad: It is complete B.S..

Apparently Neiges operation is extremely efficient and profitable and still he deals with the lowballers by not dealing with them. I have yet to see anyone else here that can honestly say they can clear 60 driveways per hour during a storm without breaking a sweat. Too bad for the customers trying to save $14.00 a month.:laughing:

20. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

i like the (presumeably) old farts comment of "lazy generation" because in his day people shoveled and mowed their own stuff... yeah, and in your day people only worked 9-5 and had the weekend off, now people are working multiple jobs, blah blah blah.