1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Nebraska...... Where's the snow?!?!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by HuskerSnow, Dec 11, 2010.

1. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Its December 11th and us in Nebraska (Omaha area) Haven't had ANYTHING to plow all season! This is my first season and I'm anxious to get out there and learn the trick of the trade. Last year the Omaha area got pounded with snow, so its a little frustrating to not have ANY snow yet. If we do get snow, it doesn't stick or it so windy it just blows away. Anyone else in Nebraska feeling my pain? haha.

2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

got the same thing happening in CT. had one random 2-3" slushy one in november. got a couple dustings and thats it.

3. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

same here in NH :mad: not even a dusting where im at.... over a foot up north where my family is and snowing in NY.... its like there is a dry bubble over me.....:realmad:

4. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

I know how ya feel im in papillion also. Not enough to go out and do anything. Just blowing out.

5. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

same garbage here... I hear January for us Northeast guys is when its going to start.

6. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

do you think it will snow tomorrow like they are forecasting???

edit: nevermind i just looked again now its just sleet

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  7. stanger86

stanger86 Member

From Omaha here too, hopefully we get some snow soon.

8. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

I think I check my Weather Channel app on my phone like 10 times a day and its seems like every time I check it they are saying something different. This is getting ridiculous! All I want is some snow! I think I know what I'm asking Santa to get me for Xmas....SNOW! Lots and LOTS of Snow. haha :drinkup:

9. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

lol yea i hear ya i need to go make some money. Not enough outside to go do anything just like 1/16 of a inch lol

husker where in papillion are you at? Im over off 84 and giles area. Ive seen your truck around town before

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  10. stanger86

stanger86 Member

this morning they were saying an inch possibly, and then by like 930 it was completely out of the forecast. Disappointing.

11. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

yep gotta love weather people get paid to be wrong 99.999% of the time.

12. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

lude1990, I'm between 84th and 72nd off of Cedardale. It's just north of 370.

13. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

cool ill keep my eye out for ya. Im at that BP gas station at 72 and 370 alot.

14. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Sounds good lude. My name is Fred by the way, and I'm not as old as my name would infer haha. (I'm 23) What do you drive? Can you post up a pic? See you around man :drinkup:

15. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

[​IMG]

It will get lettering and graphics once i finish getting my crap together for my business and get it all taking care of. Ive got a boss rt3 mount but havent put it on the truck yet cause i need to get rid of my push bar to do it.

chris

16. MeatPlowed

MeatPlowed Junior Member

What are you guys talking about I've been out a couple of times so far this year. It does blow butt at this point though I can feel the pain. Usually when it's mild like this in Dec, Jan and Feb are usually brutal. So cross your fingers.

17. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

Yea Im hoping so too but who knows they said 4 inches last night but now i just checked and only 2inches are expected.

18. MeatPlowed

MeatPlowed Junior Member

Bummer

I will have to check again because I thought it was 4 inches via Accu Weather. I know Des is Moines expecting close to a foot. All I need is two inches for my contracts to kick in. :gunsfiring:

19. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

same here 2 inch trigger for me but we havent had 2 inch snow yet

Just check accuweather and they said 2 inches of snow on the way I checked 2 nights ago 4 inches last night 2.3 inches now 2 so tomorrow it i will be probly less

20. Snowman087

Snowman087 Junior Member

Thanks to good old Jimmy Flowers, for ****** up another forcast... :)