1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey just what to know

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bobcat s-160, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

what is the most hours you seen on a skid steer? What brand was it

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Bobcat of course.

3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

The landscaper who does yard installs for us has a 7775 Deere. Last I knew It had 7200 hours on it. He still has it as a yard machine. Still runs and looks excellent.

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Actually I heard 140,000 hours.

:)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Wow!

I just did some research and found that there is a New Holland Skid that has been running 24/7/365 since 1943. I guess that makes it a New Holland WAY better then a Bobcat.

FYI that is over 551,000 hours.

I knew there was a way for me to get some math on this. ;)

6. Mark Oomkes

Can't be.

Bobcats are better.

They just are. :drinkup:

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Well considering that the New Holland skid was running in the Netherlands during WWII I think it is way better then a Bobcat.

Amsterdam was bombarded during WWII yet this New Holland skid was running strong. Was there a Bobcat cleaning up a devastated city during WWII? I think not. Can a Bobcat take a direct hit in a war? I digress.

LOL

8. Mark Oomkes

OK, you got me. :nod:

I thought New Hollands were made in New Holland though, not Old Holland. :jester: xysport :D

9. bobcat s-160

from MI

A new holland couldn't make it past 4,000 hours. you can't keep motors in them. I talked to a guy with 2 brand new, new hollands and the motor went out of both of them. I heard of a bobcat with 12,000 hours on it and i think that is good. O bye the way new hollands suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :realmad: So what do you new holland guys have to say about that? :rolleyes:

10. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I would say:

Come back and talk after you graduate high school.

Thanks.

11. dirthog

dirthog Junior Member

New Holland

seems strange we have a couple of thousand of them out and have very little trouble with them only replaced three motors that i know of

12. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Please do not feed the troll. :)

The OP is most likely a kid who's father just got a job at Bobcat. Good intentions, bad game-plan.

13. bobcat s-160

from MI

No I don't work for bobcat and know my dad doesn't work there either. We have a farm and raise beef cattle. We have a bobcat and a john deere. A dairy farmer has all new hollands and has alot of trouble with them, so he is trying a bobcat. :gunsfiring: New Hollands

14. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

Why don't you people BUY eqpt. that is made by someone who only builds heavy eqpt. You simply cant build a lawnmower and a skid steer on the same line, and that is what New Holland does. As far as Bobcat they build a good skid steer they just need heavier compents such as pins and buishings

15. Mark Oomkes

Apparently I missed something, Since when does NH build lawn mowers?

I'd love to see a pic of one.

16. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Screw that, I want to see lawnmowers and skid steers coming off the same line.

There should be a documentary of such a process for sure.

17. Mark Oomkes

Glad someone caught that too. I'd love to see that as well.

Can you imagine the tooling for that? I wonder how they do that, 1 SS then a mower? Or do you think maybe they just make SS's for a day and then switch over to mowers?

Might want to add in the observation that NH makes a crapload of farming equipment. It might not be heavy construction equipment, but I would classify it as heavier than lawnmowers.

But then, what do I know, I just post to check SnoFarmer's weather and see my name in every thread.

18. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

What if there is a mishap on the production line like at the coin mint, where it is a quarter but struck with a dime die. If a half lawnmower / half skid steer mishap happens does that make it more valuable like the coin mishaps?

Something like a skid steer with lawn mower blades under the bucket could be worth a fortune. I better keep an eye out for one.

19. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Huh?

What does Bobcat make that is heavier then the heaviest from the other major players?

Cat
    JD
    New Holland.

Does Bobcat make anything larger then :

A 530hp tractor?
    A 180,000lb excavator?
    A 300hp Bulldozer?
    A 5 yard loader?

Then again these are coming off the same so called "lawn mower" line. I.E New Holland makes them. :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  20. Mark Oomkes

OK, I had a major brain fart on my other post about heavy equipment manufactured by NH. Sorry for the confusion.

Here are some links to heavy equipment that NH manufactures. Funny thing is I don't see anything about lawnmowers. As for purchasing a SS manufactured only by someone that manufactures heavy equipment, that would be impossible as a SS is not classified as heavy equipment.

Wheel Loaders: http://construction.newholland.com/products/series.aspx?navid=167&RL=ENNA&lineid=447&seriesid=2709

Excavators: http://construction.newholland.com/products/series.aspx?navid=167&RL=ENNA&lineid=447&seriesid=2705

Graders: http://construction.newholland.com/products/series.aspx?navid=167&RL=ENNA&lineid=447&seriesid=2713

Here's some pics of heavy equipment that NH manufactures.

E215-001-03_S.jpg

G200-001-01-S (Custom).jpg

W170-001-01_S.jpg