1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Jerre AKA "The Blizzard God"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WHITE=GREEN, Nov 27, 2002.

1. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

after reading the post about JAA's first experience i got to thinking, although i didnt buy my plow from Jerre and not to say my next Blizzard wont come from him, wouldnt it be cool if Jerre could post some sort of trouble shooting list of the more commmon problems that they encounter and their remedies. better yet a running update/post on this site of the problems as they happen and how they were fixed. it would make field repairs a bit easier at 3 AM with an idea what to look for/where to start. just a thought but i bet alot of Blizzard owners would be real happy with Jerre AKA "The Blizzard God" :D .

2. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Sounds like a great idea to me, since we run three Blizzard 810 plows. :D

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

ditto that

That would be great, in addition to the troubleshooting list in the blizzard manual.

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

What do you think about Paying my cell phone bill and I'll give you the ## to call at 3am like the boss and western guys do.

Short list on the problems. Blown fuse cause the guy has added the C.B., Strobe and C.D. player to the circut.

Low fluid----Add more make the plow move and find the leak---Fix it.....If it's a wing that has a leak in the wing area or the hose qoing to the manifold .........Don't Use that wing till you fix it but the rest of the plow will still work..

Bad solenoid........Replace same ( symptoms motor doesn't run, Motor keeps running after switch is shut off for a few seconds, Motor just runs ) the 3 ways they die on all types of plow.

Plug on front of truck is out or loose.......Happens when you loose one or two functions only.

I'll put some thought into an info are with Chuck Smith's help and approval.

Just a nice idea for all you plow owners out ther......

BUY THE EMERGENCY KIT FROM YOUR PLOW DEALER

Anything that keeps you from running is an emergency. You should have lift and angle hoses, Solenoid, Fuse, Pins and fluid along with the necessary tools to replace the same for any plow.

Jerre

P.S. WHITE=GREEN, Just started taking orders for next year from some guys this morning......They will finish the year with what they have and trade it in the spring......Already have the deposits. Yours could be there too.